Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Author's Tea

Every year, the Kindergartners at Brooklyn's school get to show off all the stories that they have written throughout the year. So I arrived at her classroom and all the kids were sitting at their tables with their writings in front of them. I sat down with Brooklyn and looked through her big binder of writings and read all the stories. We then read the "big story" that they had focused on for this day. It was amazing to see how much her writing and story telling had improved through the year. It was really funny to see her even trying to read some of the stories that she had written when school had first started.

After we were done looking through all her things we sat around waiting for something to happen, but nothing did. For some reason I thought there would be a little presentation from all the kids, but that didn't happen. It was probably better since I am sure Brooklyn would have had a major breakdown.

In the handout that we got from the teacher it said we would be able to take our kids home with us if we wanted to. Now remember, school starts at 7:30 and this started at 8:00. So after 2 hours of school the kids were allowed to leave. I asked Brooklyn if she wanted to stay or go home and of course her answer was to go home. We decided to take full advantage of this and we all headed to Carowinds for an afternoon of roller coasters and fun times.

It ended up being a really fun day for us and Brooklyn got to be the star of the day!!



No comments:

Kristen's Family-2004

Kristen's Family-2004