Friday, April 25, 2008

Our Visit to the NC Zoo and the Crazy Happenings of the Day

On Monday we went to the NC Zoo with Lauren and her 3rd grade class. We met up in Asheboro, NC; about a 2 hour drive for me and a 2 1/2 hour for Lauren on a tour bus. But before I can begin to tell you of our adventures at the zoo, I must fill you in on our adventures of getting ready to leave for the zoo at 8:00 am. For many of you that know me, I am not a morning person and neither are my children. So for us to be up and ready to leave by 8:00 in the morning is very trying for us. I had John put Brooklyn in her shower while Josh and I got ready in my shower. 15 minutes after I was done Brooklyn was still in hers goofing around. I managed to get her out and get her dressed. I got dressed and ready while the kids played around. We headed down stairs to brush Brooklyn's hair and finish the process, when to my surprise I found that the left side of her hair was much shorter than the right side. "OH MY GOSH!!! What happened, what did you do?" I said in shock. She tells me, "My bangs kept getting in my eyes so I needed to cut them." Totally understandable since we were trying to grow them out and yes they were in her eyes, but she totally missed her bangs! Luckily it was long enough that I could pull her hair up into pig tails and hide most of the damage.

So off we go to the zoo. Normally a one hour ride is too long for Brooklyn to sustain without having to stop to go to the bathroom, but we did manage to make it all the way without stopping for her. We caught up to Lauren's class and toured the zoo. This was the most odd zoo that I have ever been to. Not too many animals - it seemed more of a tour of the forest and other outdoor scenery than a tour of the animals. Nonetheless the kids loved it and Brooklyn made lots of new friends.

When we got back home we waited for John to get home so I could take Brooklyn to get her hair done. I told the lady that I wanted as little length taken off as possible but she insisted that if we kept any length that it would just look like a mullet. Needless to say it all got chopped off and believe it or not it is pretty cute.

I wanted to make sure that I showed before and after pictures of Brooklyn's hair, so here we go.


2 comments:

The Davies said...

I love Brookie's new haircut! I think she was giving you a sign when she cut her hair all by herself that she was ready too! Less tangles!!! Does she love it?

Amy Pennington said...

hey you....looks like you guys are having fun!!!

Kristen's Family-2004

Kristen's Family-2004