
Yesterday was Joshua's 2nd birthday. We attended a carnival that was put on by Piedmont High School to recognize all the students in Union County with learning disabilities. Brooklyn attends a Pre-School class where she is a mentor to some of the kids. We got to do lots of arts and crafts. But of course that was not what she was really interested in. They had some bouncers there and that was all that Brooklyn and Josh wanted to do. They jumped around a lot, went down the slides, and got eaten by a caterpillar that "dumped" them out the other end.
Josh was so excited when Daddy came home early because he had the birthday presents. Josh got lots of Hot Wheels and lots of Motorcycles. He is all boy, and John is quite proud of that.
We did a Fire Truck theme for his birthday. He got two fire truck birthday cards; Brooklyn's played the fire truck siren. His cake was a Fire Truck, decorated by yours truly. Unfortunately I turned back just long enough for Brooklyn to wipe the frosting off the whole bottom of the cake. (I took a cake decorating class almost a year ago and have not made any cakes, so I decided that this was the perfect occasion. It took a while, but I am pretty proud of myself. For any of you who are really into cake decorating and do a good job at it, don't even bother looking at the pictures of it.)
Not that Josh can read yet, but I want him to know that we love him so much. Not a day goes by that he doesn't put a smile on all of our faces. Even though Brooklyn keeps saying that she wants a sister instead, I know that she loves him with all her heart. He is truly a blessing in our lives and I wouldn't ask for things to be any different than they are. We love you Josh!!!



4 comments:
Oh my goodness! I love these pictures of Josh! He is so cute and happy! I can't wait till I can visit you in Charlotte and see the kiddos! Happy Birthday Josh!
I was noticing in church today how much older he seems all of a sudden. What a cute kid!
(I loved you b&w shirt today btw)
he is so cute and getting so big!!!
He has the cutest smile! I do have to say, hello the cake, where did that come from? I had no idea, you were so crafty. You nailed that, it is perfect!
Jenni from the hood
Post a Comment