We woke up Saturday got breakfast and then headed to the beach. After getting all set up, John and the kids running out to the water, and me sitting down on the sand to catch some rays, I hear Brooklyn screaming, "Mom I am hurt, I'm bleeding everywhere." I didn't think too much of it because Brooklyn seriously over exaggerates every time she gets injured. A scratch is usually a broken arm or something like that. So I had her come sit down next to me so I could see what happened...and oh my gosh, she was not exaggerating. The bottom of her foot was pouring out blood and not stopping. I poured a bottle of water on it so I could see what happened and it was not a pretty sight. I ran down to the water and told John that we had to leave and take care of Brooklyn. We took her up to our hotel room while she is screaming and crying. It looked like there was something hanging out of her foot so we were going to try to pull it out, but she would not let us any where near it. So we headed to the nearest Urgent Care Facility.
At this point she has calmed down a little and is watching cartoons while we wait our turn. We then go back to see the doctor where the clean her foot out, not a fun experience; kicking, screaming, you name it she did it. And all of the screaming is because of the pain she thinks she is going to have, not because of any actual pain. So once she realized the cleaning was not bad she was okay. We then went off to get an x-ray to make sure there was not shell or anything else in her foot. The doctor found something but he wasn't sure if it was a shell or a big clump of sand...which meant we had to brace ourselves for more screaming. At this point I told him that I could not be in the room and I was going to have to get John to help hi from here on out. So I went out to the car with Josh and John came in with Brooklyn. John ended up having to hold her down because they had to give her a shot to numb her foot. I was told that she kicked the nurse several times and screamed the entire time. She ended up getting two stitches in her foot which meant our time at the beach had come and gone. For me, the saddest thing about all of this was the Brooklyn kept saying, "This is the worst day of my life...."
We ended up going to play miniature golf as a family which turned out to be real fun. After we were done with that, the boys headed back to the beach and the girls sat down at the hotel restaurant for a nice dinner. It was raining at this point which was perfect for John and Josh. No one was at the beach and the sand castles were easier to make with wet sand.
Here is a picture after the nurse was able to get her foot washed off...



No comments:
Post a Comment