Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Weekend at Myrtle Beach

We spent this last weekend hanging out at Dunes Village at Myrtle Beach. The kids were first apprehensive about going to beach, but when they woke up in the morning and saw what all there was to do, they were so excited. We spent a couple of hours in the morning at the indoor water park at our hotel. It was extremely awesome for kids. The water was so warm, compared to the ocean, and there was lots to do. After the water park, we headed out to the beach. I am used to warm water oceans and very sandy beaches. I have yet to find that any where on the east coast. The beaches seem to all be full of rocks and shells and the water is so cold to me. I may need to head further down south, like Florida, to find that warm water I need and the hot sand.

Anyway while we were down at the beach, we got to watch a small little wedding happen. It was pretty cool, for me anyway. There were only about ten people there, but still very cute.

John and the kids played around in the water, while I did a lot of people watching. John dug a huge whole in the beach. I am not quite sure what he was looking for, but he just kept digging. When John and Josh got in the water together, they nearly got stung by a jelly fish. So that ended the water escapades. We then headed back to the water park for another hour or so and then headed home. It was short but very sweet. The kids had fund and we all got to relax for a little.

Our hotel from the beach









Playing at the Water Park



















Fun at the Beach


















Attack of the Jelly Fish...this one lost









Lunch at Thorny's
This restaurant had the best idea. Each table had their own television. We were able to keep the kids entertained and have a good meal.

No comments:

Kristen's Family-2004

Kristen's Family-2004